Archive for Community - page 11

FRESH MEAT!!

FRESH MEAT!!

Fresh Meat is SATURDAY! If ya didn’t know, it’s an event for young bands and musicians to play their first show. This upcoming Fresh Meat, we’ve got Madooji, Blueshirt, Life on Mars, Dylan Coffman, Fragile, and Dale! Madooji is like the synth-pop lovechild of Grimes…

Continue reading →

Chatting Racism, Activism, & Community Solidarity with Jackeline Durón

Chatting Racism, Activism, & Community Solidarity with Jackeline Durón

Illustration by Catherina Horan, catch her on Instagram: @fragileperson We spent some time with activist/badass Jackeline Durón to get some perspective on the rise of violence, white supremacy, and issues (local and national) directly impacting people of color, women, the LGTBQ community, and more. It’s been…

Continue reading →

Dog Treats and the Ideal Date w/ City Wolves

Dog Treats and the Ideal Date w/ City Wolves

I’ve interviewed City Wolves before but a lot has been going on for them lately (Erin Miller joined the band, they’re releasing a full length album, and going on tour) so obviously, I had to interview them again. We sat in Brigdon Markward’s living room,…

Continue reading →

A conversation with the artist: Denali Lowder

A conversation with the artist: Denali Lowder

Gallery Committee member Bridget Conway spent some time with artist Denali Lowder to chat about her exhibition Tree of Heaven, which was on view in the Holland Project Gallery throughout July 2017. Check out their conversation below! B: Can you speak a little about the…

Continue reading →

Megan Berner’s journey to the Arctic

Megan Berner’s journey to the Arctic

Drift, up now in the Holland Gallery, features work from Megan Berner and Victoria Buck and centers around their trip to the Arctic Circle as a part of an artist residency program. We asked Megan a little bit about her journey traveling to the Arctic, how…

Continue reading →

Loud Fast Gear Report

Loud Fast Gear Report

This is the Loud Fast Gear Report. Before we get started, if anyone has seen or knows the whereabouts of a Yamaha Organ with the name “fun” in it, contact Bryan Dainesly. He wants to play it again.  I met Bryan at this year’s Gremfest. He…

Continue reading →

Reflecting on the loss of Chris Cornell

Reflecting on the loss of Chris Cornell

At fifteen, I listened to a lot of Soundgarden. I wore torn jeans and flannel. I was a survivor of suicide. Music could reach me in a place where my friends and loved ones couldn’t. I loved a lot of music, but the singers that…

Continue reading →

LOUD FAST GEAR REPORT

LOUD FAST GEAR REPORT

Here we are for another edition of the Loud Fast Gear Report. If you’re just checking in, last month I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Alexander Korostinsky in his apartment to talk about all of his cool things. We talked endlessly about the gear…

Continue reading →

Now That’s What I Call A Decade

Now That’s What I Call A Decade

As part of Holland Project’s Holland Project’s 10 Year Anniversary Weekend, we wanted to put together a special project that honored the bands who’ve given Holland life, inspiration, and dedication for the past decade. Erin Miller worked diligently on compiling this amazing record of 40+…

Continue reading →

Loud Fast Gear Report

Loud Fast Gear Report

In yet another attempt to further understand the madness of artists’ creative tools, we are here again for another Loud Fast Gear Report. This first report for April is definitely a good one. It’s a massive catalog of instruments, influences and some of the best…

Continue reading →

Page 11 of 53 ← First ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last →