Archive for Community - page 10

2017 Programming Stats!

2017 Programming Stats!

At the end of every year, we compile all the information and numbers we can on the past year’s programming efforts.  This past year was an intense and difficult year for many of us – and we felt it along side those in our community…

Continue reading →

2017 Top Tens

2017 Top Tens

As is tradition, each year we ask Programming Committee members, staff, and bands what their favorite albums, shows, receptions or moments were in the past year. It’s been a trying year, and it definitely reflects in the music and art made this year. Playlist featuring selections from…

Continue reading →

Multicolored Reflections of Self

Multicolored Reflections of Self

I interviewed Marjorie Williams, a local up-and-coming photographer. Marjorie’s show, Multicolored Reflections of Self, will be showing through the end of the month at the Holland Project. ANA MCKAY: Who are you? MARJORIE WILLIAMS: I’m a photographer. I’m 18 years old. I’ve been taking pictures…

Continue reading →

Body Worship w/ Svea Ferguson

Body Worship w/ Svea Ferguson

I sat down with Svea Ferguson, an artist who will be showing her installation work at the Holland Project this month. Svea’s show is called Body Worship. Here’s what she had to say. ANA MCKAY: Who are you? SVEA FERGUSON: My name is Svea, I’m…

Continue reading →

Keep it moving & keep your knives sharp too: An Interview with Nicholas Galanin

Keep it moving & keep your knives sharp too: An Interview with Nicholas Galanin

As promised, here’s our little interview with artist Nicholas Galanin, compiled from questions from Holland members who have gotten to spend some good time over the past couple months with some of his pieces that are up now as part of the Nevada Museum of…

Continue reading →

A+E Day 1: artists & rebels

A+E Day 1: artists & rebels

The Nevada Museum of Art produces the Art + Environment Conference every three years as part of an ongoing commitment to be the center, world-wide, for these themes, thinking, and work. Holland partners with the NMA on a ton of stuff (Scholastic Art Awards,…

Continue reading →

Halloween Show approaches…

Halloween Show approaches…

STUDY UP Y’ALL! We have your fave bands as their fave bands, for the Halloween party of the year.

Continue reading →

Fall 2017 Mix Tape

Fall 2017 Mix Tape

* **TICKETS AVAILBLE: WWW.HOLLANDRENO.ORG/CALENDAR**

Continue reading →

FRESH MEAT!!

FRESH MEAT!!

Fresh Meat is SATURDAY! If ya didn’t know, it’s an event for young bands and musicians to play their first show. This upcoming Fresh Meat, we’ve got Madooji, Blueshirt, Life on Mars, Dylan Coffman, Fragile, and Dale! Madooji is like the synth-pop lovechild of Grimes…

Continue reading →

Chatting Racism, Activism, & Community Solidarity with Jackeline Durón

Chatting Racism, Activism, & Community Solidarity with Jackeline Durón

Illustration by Catherina Horan, catch her on Instagram: @fragileperson We spent some time with activist/badass Jackeline Durón to get some perspective on the rise of violence, white supremacy, and issues (local and national) directly impacting people of color, women, the LGTBQ community, and more. It’s been…

Continue reading →

Page 10 of 53 ← First ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last →