Archive for Community - page 49

Holland Crowdaramic!

Holland Crowdaramic!

You need to click on this. It’s a beauty. photo by Erik Burke!

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #15 Learning How to paint BIG!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High Skool Blawg Week #15 Learning How to paint BIG!

Thank you Erik for showing us how to paint stuff in large scale. The big painting wall piece is turning out nicely! We are looking forward to working on a mural with you at the Holland Project in the near future. Oh yeah, and we…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #25

New Friend Friday #25

It’s opening day at Holland and the troops are marching in. I’ve been down there a lot in the past three days, getting the place spic and span for the big day and I had the chance to meet a lot of neighborhood people. My…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #14 Establishing the first Youth Board of Directors!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #14 Establishing the first Youth Board of Directors!

Hey kids… Are you a motivated young leader who wants to help the Holland Project fulfill its mission of bringing music, arts, and culture to the youth of Reno? Are you dedicated to making The Holland Project a community space that will be stable for…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #24

New Friend Friday #24

So I’m waiting in a huge line at the downtown post office. It feels like everyone in town is waiting to buy stamps or something. There are about 4 workers and I’m hoping I get to go to Tim’s line because he would make a…

Continue reading →

My best little friend…

My best little friend…

I hate to do this to you all yet again, but we lost another incredible friend this past week. This year has not been kind to us. On Sunday, Joe Crawford, a devastatingly handsome, funny, and loving man—my best friend and boyfriend for over 3…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #13 The worst (do they mean best?) album covers ever…

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #13 The worst (do they mean best?) album covers ever…

Here at the Holland Project we hope to inspire as many young musicians as possible to eventually create album covers for their records and CDs with as much artistic ingenuity and skill as these that we have found. Onward young musicians and artists, you have…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #23

New Friend Friday #23

In honor of Kurt Vonnegut, I bring you this weeks New Friend Friday devoted to all the people without a country. I’ve been back in Reno now for 8 hours. I can’t sleep, I can’t think, but I’m beginning to find myself in the tiny…

Continue reading →

For Joe

For Joe

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #12 The first all ages music gig at the HP!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #12 The first all ages music gig at the HP!

The first show at the HP was awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who came out for their support and the bands that played. If you missed it, you can still catch our second show this Thursday with The Appleseed Cast, The Life and Times,…

Continue reading →

Page 49 of 53 ← First ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... Last →