Archive for Community - page 5

Local Music Pick: SKIN. / Skinwalker

Local Music Pick: SKIN. / Skinwalker

In a new series, we’ll be hearing from a different person every month, reflecting on Reno music projects, current or not so current, and what makes them special and personally important to them. “Like many great local bands, Skinwalkers, or SKIN. (as they were known…

Continue reading →

SHOW ARCHIVE: Japanese Breakfast, Jay Som, Hand Habits

SHOW ARCHIVE: Japanese Breakfast, Jay Som, Hand Habits

In this new series, we’ll be highlighting a favorite show of ours, once every two weeks or so! “Jay Som and Japanese Breakfast were fresh off the release of two of our favorite albums of 2017; “Everybody Works” and “Soft Sounds from Another Planet”. Needless to…

Continue reading →

Self-Love: Seeing Things More Clearly in 2020

Self-Love: Seeing Things More Clearly in 2020

Number three in our collaborative self-love blog series with Psychology/Behavioral Science PHD student Ali Szarko. Considering the events of recent months, Ali guides us through perspective taking and how this practice may help improve our communication and find common ground. Additionally, we’re happy to welcome Reno-based…

Continue reading →

Community Resource List & Docs

Community Resource List & Docs

We aim to see the City of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County develop and prioritize programs that may truly serve the needs of our community and will be alternatives to calling the police in most situations. Below is a list of community resources currently available…

Continue reading →

Organizing & Mobilizing Workshop Resources

Organizing & Mobilizing Workshop Resources

Watch the Full Video Jody Lykes – he/him – jlykes@unr.edu – (775) 682-8998 I’m a Hip Hop scholar, and the coordinator for the African diaspora program at the Center at UNR. I was raised between Sunnyside, WA and Santa Maria, CA. I received my Bachelors…

Continue reading →

RISE Art Collection

RISE Art Collection

In June 2020, we partnered with Reno Initiative for Shelter & Equality (or RISE) to create a permanent art collection for their new women and family shelter, Our Place. We wanted to thank all the artists involved and highlight their work here. Thank you also…

Continue reading →

Washoe County Primaries 2020

Washoe County Primaries 2020

BALLOTS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 9TH! HOW TO VOTE BY MAIL Due to COVID-19, Nevada counties moved to an all-mail ballot. If you didn’t receive your ballot already, you can still register/update your registration online thru June 4th, you will just also have to…

Continue reading →

Anti-Racism Resources #BlackLivesMatter

Anti-Racism Resources #BlackLivesMatter

Compiled from various sources online, also cited here. First published May 30, 2020 with updates weekly. PROTECT TRANS LIVES Consider donating to these worthy orgs led by and protecting trans communities–Homeless Black Trans Women Fund–G.L.I.T.S. Inc–The Okra Project–Solutions Not Punishment Collaborative–Marsha P. Johnson Foundation–Black Trans…

Continue reading →

“Two Lakes” – Austin Pratt

“Two Lakes” – Austin Pratt

In conjunction with our solidarity window display for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe currently on view at The Holland Gallery Window, local artist and longtime Holland friend, Austin Pratt reflects on his painting, Two Lakes, and the influences that sparked this large-scale painting. The painting…

Continue reading →

SOLIDARITY WITH PYRAMID LAKE

SOLIDARITY WITH PYRAMID LAKE

This Holland Project Gallery Window display will be on view May 29 – June 5, 2020     In solidarity with the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe and all Indigenous nations with the fight against COVID-19, Pyramid Lake is closed to the public until further notice. We stand with…

Continue reading →

Page 5 of 53 ← First ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last →