Archive for Community - page 50

New Friend Friday #22

New Friend Friday #22

After being overseas for so long (3.5 months), the idea of coming back to America is like going to rehab. You’ve got your withdrawals, your quick fixes, not to mention the culture shock. That’s why it was perfect timing for my old friend from the…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blougg Week #11 Makin’ Reno History! – The First EVER Punk show at the HP!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blougg Week #11 Makin’ Reno History! – The First EVER Punk show at the HP!

Make Reno history by coming to the first ever all ages punk show at the Holland Project! This Saturday, April 7th at 7pm sharp… Be there or be square! Saturday April 7thLove Songs (San Francisco’s Dirty Heartthrobs Return!)This is My Fist! (Bay Area Female Fronted…

Continue reading →

Brown Paper Packages, vol 21/22

Brown Paper Packages, vol 21/22

Call me a softy, but this week’s favorite thing is so utterly irresistible that I can only show you a photo. God. Can you even believe it? Her name is Peta, and she’s my mom’s puppy, and she’s the best thing in the world. Runner’s…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday, Janin Franke

New Friend Friday, Janin Franke

Dear New Friend Friday readers, It’s hard to bring you a new friend today after receiving the news that Janin Franke, our very first New Friend Friday passed away Sunday, March 25th. She was an amazing friend, mother, and room-mate, and will undoubtedly be missed…

Continue reading →

Coffee Break: Design, Art, &c.

Coffee Break: Design, Art, &c.

Spring weather means it’s time to reinstate…. PUNK ROCK SOCCER! 5pm EVERY SUNDAY at PLUMAS PARK (next to Our Lady of the Snows Church). Bring your shin guards and something to keep you hydrated. With love,Mikey Milker

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #10 A Message from those who returned from the Black Hole…

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #10 A Message from those who returned from the Black Hole…

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, there was a black hole where space shuttle Holland Project ventured. The crew members survived to tell their stories and to eventually complete their mission – to create planet Reno’s first ever all ages venue…

Continue reading →

LIFT OFF!

LIFT OFF!

Thanks to everyone who made it out for Holland’s first big event in our venue-Space for Space! We think it was a smashing success on all accounts–from the fashion show, to the art auction, to the music and the DJs, to..to…well, to everything. We were…

Continue reading →

New Friend Friday #21

New Friend Friday #21

To understand this week’s New Friend Friday you’ve got to understand one simple word, Stubborn. You know when your parents get in a fight that is triggered by something that happened a really long time ago? And when they are all done fighting they can’t…

Continue reading →

3,2,1…SPACE FOR SPACE!

3,2,1…SPACE FOR SPACE!

It’s almost time for your outer space experience–Space for Space, Holland’s outer space-themed party and fundraiser takes place THIS SATURDAY (3/24) from 6-10pm at the Holland Space (263 Keystone Avenue). -Food and Delicious Mocktails-Space Fashion Show-Art Auction-Live music from Grace and Letters from the Earth-DJs…

Continue reading →

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #9.5 Record Swap Meet this Saturday!

The Rainshadow Community Charter High School Blawg Week #9.5 Record Swap Meet this Saturday!

As if you didn’t have enough to do this Saturday in preparing to have your faces melted at the SPACE 4 SPACE Fundraiser, here comes the first annual Rainshadow Community Charter High School Record and CD Swap! Join us this Saturday March 24th from 1-3pm…

Continue reading →

Page 50 of 53 ← First ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... Last →